How You Have Carried Leroy and Dartanyon
One year has passed since we met Leroy and Dartanyon. And what a year it as has been! We regret much time has passed since the last update. New challenges arise each day and often divert our focus from the website. But Leroy and Dartanyon realize they could not be where they are now without your generous support over this past year. May you be proud about the hope and opportunities that your contributions have provided.
Specifically, you secured the following items for Leroy and Dartanyon thus far:
- Tuition, books and fees for his first year at Cuyahoga Community College in Cleveland
- Laptop with an enlarged, ad-on screen
- Vision-Enhancement software
- Tax assistance for Dartanyon’s father which in turn enabled Dartanyon to be eligible for financial aid. Without financial aid, Dartanyon’s tuition costs would have tripled.
- Meals at school
- Desk for his bedroom
- Monthly allowance
- Tuition, books and fees for his first year at Collins College in Tempe, Arizona
- Deposit for campus housing
- Monthly utilities and meal money
- Transportation to and from school each day
- Travel to Arizona and back home for the holidays
- Travel to a Paralympics power lifting clinic
- Drafting table for his design work
Be sure to check out the latest news items in the right sidebar. We have a lot of terrific stories and photos of Leroy, Dartanyon and the many wonderful contributors to the Carry On Community!